Can I drink alcohol if I have rosacea?

Rosacea is a skin condition that causes facial redness and acne on the cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead. There is no cure, but you can control flare-ups if you avoid the triggers. Unfortunately, there are tons of them. And drinking alcohol is a biggie. That being said, you need to learn what your triggers are. We say, unless you want to learn the hard way or don’t mind the flare up, you should probably just avoid drinking alcohol altogether.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

Rosacea

This chronic skin condition causes swelling of the blood vessels beneath the facial skin, causing redness, spider-like blood vessels or acne-like blemishes. Fair-skinned people, people between ages 30 and 50, and women are more pr...

one to developing rosacea, which is physically harmless but often embarrassing. Other symptoms include a tendency to blush easily, bloodshot or watery eyes, and a red, bulbous nose. Although there is no cure, oral or topical antibiotics can control flare-ups. So can wearing sunscreen daily, reducing stress and limiting your intake of hot beverages, alcohol and spicy foods.