Can anyone get rosacea?

Women are more likely to be diagnosed with rosacea. However, men seem to be diagnosed with more severe cases of this skin condition. Rosacea causes skin on the face and, to a lesser extent, the ears, neck, and other parts of the body, to turn red and ruddy looking. Over time, untreated rosacea may cause skin to become swollen and develop pimple-like bumps. Men may be more likely to put off treatment, which might be why they often have more serious cases of rosacea.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

What should I know about erythematotelangiectatic rosacea?
The first thing to know about erythematotelangiectatic rosacea is that it is a very common condition...
Why does rosacea make my face red?
Some people with rosacea experience redness because their blood flows faster through their facial ve...
How can early diagnosis and treatment lessen the symptoms of rosacea?
The sooner rosacea is diagnosed, the sooner a person can start receiving medicine that will redu...
Does rosacea cause pimples and blackheads?
Rosacea is an acne-like skin condition that causes redness, pimples, and pustules, but it does not...