Should I talk to my doctor about rickets?

If you suspect that your child might be experiencing any of the symptoms of rickets, you should consult your physician for further testing. Your doctor can determine if your child has rickets or another condition and recommend treatment options. Because symptoms develop gradually, it is important to diagnose rickets as early as possible.

Continue Learning about Rickets

What increases my risk for rickets?
Adult rickets, or osteomalacia, is caused by a lack of vitamin D. Vitamin D regulates the body's use...
How is rickets and vitamin D associated?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
Rickets is a vitamin D deficiency disease that occurs in children. The bones of children with ricket...
Does rickets affect children differently than adults?
Because rickets is caused by a vitamin D deficiency that leads to weak bones, it affects children di...
How does rickets affect the body?
The two areas of the body most affected by rickets are the bones and the teeth, both of which rely o...