Should I talk to my doctor about rickets?

If you suspect that your child might be experiencing any of the symptoms of rickets, you should consult your physician for further testing. Your doctor can determine if your child has rickets or another condition and recommend treatment options. Because symptoms develop gradually, it is important to diagnose rickets as early as possible.

Continue Learning about Rickets

How do I manage rickets on a daily basis?
Managing rickets on a daily basis is a matter of ensuring that your child is getting the appropriate...
What do I need to prepare before seeing a doctor about rickets?
Before seeing your doctor, make a list of the symptoms that you have noticed in you or your child. P...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with rickets?
Caring for someone with rickets involves making certain that they maintain proper levels of vitamin ...
What is rickets?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Rickets used to be a fairly common childhood disease due to vitamin D deficiency and lack of sunligh...