What do I need to prepare before seeing a doctor about rickets?

Before seeing your doctor, make a list of the symptoms that you have noticed in you or your child. Pay attention to their diet and how much sun exposure they are getting on a regular basis. Bring along any medications that are being taken and prepare any questions you might have about the tests and treatment for rickets.

Continue Learning about Rickets

Is rickets serious?
Although a simple dietary change can cure rickets in its early stages, serious complications can res...
What are the symptoms of rickets?
Rickets affects a child's bones and teeth. However, the symptoms develop gradually. Children may exp...
How is rickets and vitamin D associated?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
Rickets is a vitamin D deficiency disease that occurs in children. The bones of children with ricket...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with rickets?
Caring for someone with rickets involves making certain that they maintain proper levels of vitamin ...