What should I know about ethnic rhinoplasty?

The term "ethnic" rhinoplasty refers to modern techniques of tailoring a patient's nose to fit his or her face and not just routinely "westernizing" a nose. In other words, there is not one nose to fit everyone's face. A rhinoplasty should look natural and blend into the rest of the face. It should not look "done", what I like to refer to as the "red-carpet" look, as many celebrities have nose jobs that are obvious and overdone. While every nose is unique, there are some cultural similarities in the way noses look. With the trend being toward more natural surgical results, ethnic rhinoplasty can be performed which alters the shape of the nose without making it look out of place. This usually involves maintaining some degree of "strength" along the dorsum in order to avoid a "surgical" look. 

Continue Learning about Rhinoplasty Or Nose Job

How is a rhinoplasty done?
Dr. John F. Burnett, MDDr. John F. Burnett, MD
The way a rhinoplasty is done depends on the problems the person sees with the nose. There are many ...
What should I expect following my rhinoplasty surgery?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
After rhinoplasty, you will wake up from surgery with a splint on your nose and possibly with pa...
Jeremy Warner, MD - How is a rhinoplasty done?
Jeremy Warner, MD - How long does it take to recover from a rhinoplasty?