How painful is it to have rhinoplasty? How long is the healing process?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Rhinoplasty surgery pain is dependent upon the extent of the surgery. Nasal fracturing certainly may increase the pain threshold. Cartilage manipulation and soft tissue reconstruction normally does not present with significant pain. Vicodin with codeine is often useful combined with cold compression. The full healing process from an extensive rhinoplasty may extend up to a FULL year. 

Continue Learning about Rhinoplasty Or Nose Job

What does a nose job involve?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
A nose job is also referred to as a rhinoplasty. The components of each individual patient's surgery...
How do I know if my expectations of rhinoplasty are realistic?
Jeremy P. Warner, MDJeremy P. Warner, MD
If something about your appearance bothers you, then it is very real to you. It's important to have ...
Jeremy Warner, MD - How long does it take to recover from a rhinoplasty?
Jeremy Warner, MD - How is a rhinoplasty done?