What are the benefits of using a saline nose spray?

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
Consider using a sterile saline nose spray two to three times each day to wash the nasal passages. Many people find that with seasonal allergies their nasal passages are clogged or drippy. And as the winter air becomes more dry and offices and homes turn on central heating, the nasal passages become dry and cracked. Many people have allergies to dusts and molds that come on in the fall and winter. Using a nasal wash helps to keep the nose moist and washes away irritants.

Continue Learning about Rhinitis

Should I tell my child's school about rhinitis?
It may be beneficial to your child's health and education for you to tell his or her school about rh...
Can neutrophilic rhinosinusitis be prevented?
Certain steps can be taken to avoid the onset of neutrophilic rhinosinusitis. These steps include pr...
How long does rhinitis last?
Rhinitis can last for hours or indefinitely, depending on the cause of it. For instance, acute rhini...
How do I manage my rhinitis on a daily basis?
Since there are different kinds of rhinitis, ways to manage the conditions may vary. Take the prescr...