What are the benefits of using a saline nose spray?

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
Consider using a sterile saline nose spray two to three times each day to wash the nasal passages. Many people find that with seasonal allergies their nasal passages are clogged or drippy. And as the winter air becomes more dry and offices and homes turn on central heating, the nasal passages become dry and cracked. Many people have allergies to dusts and molds that come on in the fall and winter. Using a nasal wash helps to keep the nose moist and washes away irritants.

Continue Learning about Rhinitis

Is rhinitis serious?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Rhinitis is the general medical term for disorders of the nose in which an inflammation of the linin...
How do I manage my rhinitis on a daily basis?
Since there are different kinds of rhinitis, ways to manage the conditions may vary. Take the prescr...
How long does rhinitis last?
Rhinitis can last for hours or indefinitely, depending on the cause of it. For instance, acute rhini...
How do other illnesses affect rhinitis?
Some illnesses can cause rhinitis. Allergies as well as diseases like tuberculosis and leprosy may l...