What are the treatment options for rhinitis?

The treatments for rhinitis vary because of the different causes of the condition. Most cases of rhinitis are treated with medications like decongestants, antihistamines, antibiotics, and nasal sprays, though some of these treatments are only effective on specific kinds of rhinitis. Allergy shots may help provide allergy relief and prevent allergic rhinitis. Nasal irrigation is a simple treatment that doesn't involve medications; it is a process where you flush out the mucus in your sinuses with a saltwater solution, which effectively relieves congestion. Sometimes surgery can help relieve chronic rhinitis. Talk to your Doctor regarding treatment options.

Continue Learning about Rhinitis

How do other illnesses affect rhinitis?
Some illnesses can cause rhinitis. Allergies as well as diseases like tuberculosis and leprosy may l...
Should I talk to my doctor about my rhinitis symptoms?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Rhinitis is the general medical term for disorders of the nose in which an inflammation of the linin...
What is rebound congestion?
Rebound congestion occurs is a reaction to congestion treatment where you become even more congested...
What is rhinitis?
Rhinitis is a condition where the mucous membrane inside your nose is swollen and inflamed, which re...