Should I tell my child's school about rhinitis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

It may be beneficial to your child's health and education for you to tell his or her school about rhinitis. For instance, if your child's rhinitis is triggered by specific allergens or irritants, it might be possible for your child's school environment to be adjusted to avoid them. If your child needs rhinitis medication during school hours, the school nurse may be able to help. Rhinitis can sometimes keep children home from school as well, so informing the school about absences is helpful for attendance records and schoolwork make-up.

Continue Learning about Rhinitis

What is rhinitis?
Rhinitis is a condition where the mucous membrane inside your nose is swollen and inflamed, which re...
How do I manage my rhinitis on a daily basis?
Since there are different kinds of rhinitis, ways to manage the conditions may vary. Take the prescr...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis related?
Sinusitis is inflammation or infection of the lining of the sinuses that often occurs in conjunction...
How do other illnesses affect rhinitis?
Some illnesses can cause rhinitis. Allergies as well as diseases like tuberculosis and leprosy may l...