How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose rhinitis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Since your diagnosis of rhinitis is diagnosed by your doctor based upon your symptoms and medical history, you should review this information before your appointment. Making detailed lists about symptoms (What triggers them? How long do they last?), medications you take, and major personal information will help you be prepared for your doctor's questions. Writing down questions of your own is a good idea as well. If you are concerned about how to prepare for your appointment to diagnose rhinitis, you can ask for preparation tips when you make your appointment.

Continue Learning about Rhinitis

How common is rhinitis?
Rhinitis is a very common condition. Up to three in every ten American adults has recurring rhinitis...
What is rhinitis?
Rhinitis is a condition where the mucous membrane inside your nose is swollen and inflamed, which re...
How long does rhinitis last?
Rhinitis can last for hours or indefinitely, depending on the cause of it. For instance, acute rhini...
Should I tell my child's school about rhinitis?
It may be beneficial to your child's health and education for you to tell his or her school about rh...