Can rhinitis have any complications?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Rhinitis can cause complications. The runny nose and congestion of rhinitis can get in the way of your daily life. Rhinitis can make it difficult to sleep and exacerbate asthma. It can also lead to sinusitis (sinus infection or inflammation), ear infections, and nasal polyps that are usually harmless but can interfere with nasal airflow if they are large.

Continue Learning about Rhinitis

How are sinusitis and rhinitis related?
Sinusitis is inflammation or infection of the lining of the sinuses that often occurs in conjunction...
What is rhinitis?
Rhinitis is a condition where the mucous membrane inside your nose is swollen and inflamed, which re...
Should I talk to my doctor about my rhinitis symptoms?
If your rhinitis symptoms are persistent, interfering with your daily life, and unresponsive to over...
How common is rhinitis?
Rhinitis is a very common condition. Up to three in every ten American adults has recurring rhinitis...