How do other illnesses affect rhinitis?

Some illnesses can cause rhinitis. Allergies as well as diseases like tuberculosis and leprosy may lead to rhinitis. Other illnesses such as AIDS or cancer may also make you more susceptible to viral rhinitis (the common cold) if they compromise your immune system.

Continue Learning about Rhinitis

How common is rhinitis?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
Rhinitis is the medical name for the things that keep your nose from operating the way it is sup...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis related?
Sinusitis is inflammation or infection of the lining of the sinuses that often occurs in conjunction...
Is rhinitis serious?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Rhinitis is the general medical term for disorders of the nose in which an inflammation of the linin...
How do I manage my rhinitis on a daily basis?
Since there are different kinds of rhinitis, ways to manage the conditions may vary. Take the prescr...