How do I manage my rhinitis on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Since there are different kinds of rhinitis, ways to manage the conditions may vary. Take the prescription or over-the-counter medications that help treat or prevent your rhinitis. Humidifiers, nasal rinses, nose-blowing, and avoiding allergens and other triggers may help control your rhinitis and make you more comfortable. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids; you can become dehydrated as your body uses fluid to produce mucus. If you are having difficulty managing your rhinitis, talk to your doctor for suggestions or medications that may help.

Continue Learning about Rhinitis

How long does rhinitis last?
Rhinitis can last for hours or indefinitely, depending on the cause of it. For instance, acute rhini...
Does rhinitis affect children differently than adults?
Children are generally more prone to rhinitis than adults. Rhinitis is more likely to lead to ear in...
Is rhinitis serious?
Though it can make you feel lousy, rhinitis is not a serious condition. However, you should still se...
Should I tell my child's school about rhinitis?
It may be beneficial to your child's health and education for you to tell his or her school about rh...