How are sinusitis and rhinitis related?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Sinusitis is inflammation or infection of the lining of the sinuses that often occurs in conjunction with rhinitis or as a result of it. Sinusitis makes your eyes, cheeks, forehead, or nose to swell, feel tender, and hurt. Sinusitis symptoms in addition to the runny nose and congestion from rhinitis can be an unpleasant combination.

Continue Learning about Rhinitis

Is rhinitis serious?
Though it can make you feel lousy, rhinitis is not a serious condition. However, you should still se...
Should I tell my child's school about rhinitis?
It may be beneficial to your child's health and education for you to tell his or her school about rh...
Does rhinitis affect children differently than adults?
Children are generally more prone to rhinitis than adults. Rhinitis is more likely to lead to ear in...
What is rebound congestion?
Rebound congestion occurs is a reaction to congestion treatment where you become even more congested...