How is rhinitis diagnosed?

Rhinitis is usually diagnosed by your doctor. Your doctor may wish to do some tests to find the cause of your rhinitis, such as allergy tests like skin prick tests and blood tests or tests to find sinus problems like a CT scan or a nasal endoscopy (looking inside your nose area). Knowing the cause of rhinitis is helpful for treatment.

Continue Learning about Rhinitis

Does rhinitis affect children differently than adults?
Children are generally more prone to rhinitis than adults. Rhinitis is more likely to lead to ear in...
Is rhinitis serious?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Rhinitis is the general medical term for disorders of the nose in which an inflammation of the linin...
How long does rhinitis last?
Rhinitis can last for hours or indefinitely, depending on the cause of it. For instance, acute rhini...
Should I talk to my doctor about my rhinitis symptoms?