What is rheumatoid arthritis of the hip?

Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease, a condition where the immune system attacks the patient's own body. Although RA is most commonly associated with joints of the hands and wrists, it can also affect larger joints, such as the hips, knees and shoulders. Like RA in other locations, hip RA can cause symptoms such as severe pain, stiffness and swelling, as well as fatigue, loss of appetite and fever. With RA of the hip, a patient may also feel discomfort and stiffness in the thigh, lower back and groin.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Rheumatoid Arthritis: Strategies to Manage Treatment Plan & Costs
Here are strategies and tips to financially manage and treat your rheumatoid arthritis condition. Medically reviewed in April 2020.
Is Rheumatoid Arthritis the most common type of arthritis?
Barbara AllanBarbara Allan
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It affects about 15 percent of the population i...
7 Tips for an Arthritis-Friendly Home
7 Tips for an Arthritis-Friendly Home7 Tips for an Arthritis-Friendly Home7 Tips for an Arthritis-Friendly Home7 Tips for an Arthritis-Friendly Home
Ease pain, avoid falls and increase maneuverability with these DIY strategies. From hard-to-open jars to dimly lit staircases, almost everything in yo...
How Should I Tell People About My Newly Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis?