Weight loss and cachexia amongst people with Rheumatoid Arthritis is thought to be due to cytokine production which increases resting metabolic rate and protein breakdown. Due to an inability to adequately meet their nutritional needs especially the increased calorie and protein needs weight loss might occur.
- Q Can orthotic devices improve the way I live with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- Q What areas of the body are commonly affected by rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- Q What does the term arthritis refer to in Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Q How does rheumatoid arthritis affect the body?
- Q What is a swan-neck deformity of the hand with RA?
- Q Can rheumatoid arthritis (RA) go into remission?