Weight loss and cachexia amongst people with Rheumatoid Arthritis is thought to be due to cytokine production which increases resting metabolic rate and protein breakdown. Due to an inability to adequately meet their nutritional needs especially the increased calorie and protein needs weight loss might occur.
- Q How can rheumatic diseases be prevented?
- Q Is Rheumatoid Arthritis an inflammatory disorder?
- Q What does the term arthritis refer to in Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Q What are some serious RA complications?
- Q What is hand and finger Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Q What is a rheumatoid arthritis (RA) flare?