Weight loss and cachexia amongst people with Rheumatoid Arthritis is thought to be due to cytokine production which increases resting metabolic rate and protein breakdown. Due to an inability to adequately meet their nutritional needs especially the increased calorie and protein needs weight loss might occur.
- Q Is Rheumatoid Arthritis an inflammatory disorder?
- Q What does the term arthritis refer to in Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Q Are lumps developing around joints a result of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- Q Can orthotic devices improve the way I live with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- Q What is hand and finger Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Q How does Rheumatoid arthritis affect the joints?