Can orthotic devices improve the way I live with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?

An orthotic may help you with walking and your RA if you have mechanical or structural foot/ankle problems. Mechanical problems are those that come from you using your foot and ankle. Structural problems are those that come from the bones in your foot and ankle. 

To determine if orthotics would be of benefit to you, seek out the services of a certified Pedorthist. 
Johns Hopkins Medicine
Administration

The use of orthotic devices may be very helpful when managing rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Deformities resulting from RA are an overlooked consequence that can limit your ability to function. In most cases, the goal of orthotic devices is to make your life easier by improving your quality of life and giving back your independence.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Rheumatoid Arthritis

If you have rheumatoid arthritis (or RA), you have painful swelling in hands, fingers, wrists - and stiffness that makes everyday living difficult. RA is an autoimmune disorder in which the body's immune system attacks the tissues...

. RA is more common among women than men. Some have only one brief episode, while others have episodes off and on throughout their lives. It's important to consult with a rheumatologist right away when you develop symptoms, as early treatment can help keep RA under control.