Can orthotic devices improve the way I live with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?

An orthotic may help you with walking and your RA if you have mechanical or structural foot/ankle problems. Mechanical problems are those that come from you using your foot and ankle. Structural problems are those that come from the bones in your foot and ankle. 

To determine if orthotics would be of benefit to you, seek out the services of a certified Pedorthist. 

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis

5 Frequently Asked Questions About Rheumatoid Arthritis Flares
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune, inflammatory disease that's characterized by flares—episodes when the disease is active and causing uncomfortab...
What is a swan-neck deformity of the hand with RA?
Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNKaren L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
This deformity occurs when the ligament on the palm side of the middle joint of the finger becomes l...
5 Natural Ways to Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
5 Natural Ways to Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain5 Natural Ways to Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain5 Natural Ways to Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain5 Natural Ways to Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
Use these strategies to soothe stiff, achy joints and help prevent RA flare-ups.
Can My Rheumatoid Arthritis Go into Remission?