What is gold therapy?

Gold therapy is a procedure that uses gold salts (a salt form of the metal element gold) to treat diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis. The gold salts stop cells from releasing chemicals that can harm tissues. This is also referred to as chrysotherapy or aurotherapy.

This information is based on source information from the National Cancer Instritue.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Treatment

Is Your Rheumatoid Arthritis Not Responding to Treatment?
If you have rheumatoid arthritis (RA), you may know firsthand that finding the right treatment can sometimes be challenging, particularly if you have ...
How do I find a licensed practitioner to do acupuncture for RA treatment?
Debbie NoguerasDebbie Nogueras
The American Association for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine is one place to search for a practiti...
How do chemical DMARDs work to treat rheumatoid arthritis?
Treatment for rheumatoid arthritis usually begins with the chemical disease-modifying antirheumatic ...
How Soon Should I Start Treatment for RA?