What is gold therapy?

Gold therapy is a procedure that uses gold salts (a salt form of the metal element gold) to treat diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis. The gold salts stop cells from releasing chemicals that can harm tissues. This is also referred to as chrysotherapy or aurotherapy.

This information is based on source information from the National Cancer Instritue.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Treatment

Medications for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Medications for Rheumatoid Arthritis
In most cases, treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) begins with medication. Common drugs for RA can be divided into two categories: drugs that trea...
Can joint replacement surgery for RA be done on the fingers?
Noel Henley, MDNoel Henley, MD
Yes.The most common and beneficial joints that can be replaced are the metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joi...
Can moist heat applications reduce joint inflammation?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Cold tends to be more effective for inflammation than heat in an acute injury. For example, if a joi...
How Can I Tell If My Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment Is Working?