Can strengthening my muscles help with RA pain management?

Yes, muscle strengthening can help in various ways. First, strengthening the muscles around a joint may help to take some of the load off that joint. This may help with pain. Second, muscle strengthening can help to improve daily functioning in RA. Third, starting out with greater physical reserve and capacity may help you to get through acute flares of rheumatoid arthritis faster and more effectively.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Treatment

5 Ways to Reduce RA Swelling and Stiffness
Two of the most common symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are stiffness and swelling in the joints. If you have RA, these symptoms may be worse at ...
What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-p...
Are methatrexate shot or pills better to cure rheumatoid arthritis?
MediGuardMediGuard
Methotrexate injection is not as convenient to take when compared to an oral pill. The injection req...
Can My Rheumatoid Arthritis Go into Remission?