Can strengthening my muscles help with RA pain management?

Yes, muscle strengthening can help in various ways. First, strengthening the muscles around a joint may help to take some of the load off that joint. This may help with pain. Second, muscle strengthening can help to improve daily functioning in RA. Third, starting out with greater physical reserve and capacity may help you to get through acute flares of rheumatoid arthritis faster and more effectively.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Treatment

Rheumatoid Arthritis: Treatment and Remission
In her blog, RAWarrior.com, RA advocate and Sharecare Top 10 Online Influencer, Kelly Young says, "I always thought remission was the Holy Grail -- ha...
What are the treatment goals for rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
The overall goal of treating rheumatoid arthritis is to halt or at least quiet and slow the dise...
What are nutritional supplements for RA?
Foods rich in antioxidants such as berries and green leafy vegetables can help with RA. It is import...
Can My Rheumatoid Arthritis Go into Remission?