Where can I learn cognitive therapy for RA pain management?

Many Pain Management practices (either private practice groups or those in academic medical centers) have psychologists who specialize in this area as part of their teams. Those psychologists may be able to provide cognitive behavioral therapy, guided imagery, biofeedback, and other interventions for pain. It is also possible to buy books and DVDs on cognitive behavioral therapy for pain.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Treatment

9 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Your Moderate to Severe RA Treatment
To better understand your treatment plan, what to expect and how to follow it, ask your doctor: Is my current treatment doing a good job of control...
How effective are oral corticosteroids in treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Studies show low-dose corticosteroids combined with DMARDs help prevent joint damage for people with...
Why does my doctor want to use aggressive Rheumatoid Arthritis treatment?
Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNKaren L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
Rheumatoid Arthritis will attack the joint and cause damage to the joints. The goal of treatment is ...
Are There Long Term Side Effects from RA Medications?