What happens if RA is not treated early?

Early treatment for rheumatoid arthritis is a pivotal part of the treatment guidelines because early intervention has shown the best prognosis. Also, the earlier it is treated, permanent joint damage may be prevented. 

That's really the critical point:  the joint damage is progressive, and ultimately, patients lose joint function. However, for those patients who waited for whatever reason, starting treatment at any time is better than no treatment, and the goal is to preserve function and quality of life. 

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Treatment

What Are the Side Effects of DMARDs Used in RA?
How Can I Tell If My Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Treatment Is Working?
Can My Rheumatoid Arthritis Go into Remission?
Can Exercise Help Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)?