Why does my doctor want to use aggressive Rheumatoid Arthritis treatment?

Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
Emergency Room Nursing

Rheumatoid Arthritis will attack the joint and cause damage to the joints. The goal of treatment is to slow the progression of the disease. This may include aggressive treatment at times (initial diagnosis or flare-ups) with treatment to maintain your current status when the disease is in a more controlled state. 

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Treatment

9 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Your Moderate to Severe RA Treatment
To better understand your treatment plan, what to expect and how to follow it, ask your doctor: Is my current treatment doing a good job of control...
Are medications for RA treatment over-the-counter or prescription?
The medications for rheumatoid arthritis are prescription drugs. They have side effects that must be...
Are Any Alternative Therapies Effective for RA?
What Are the Side Effects of DMARDs Used in RA?