What are rheumatoid nodules?

Rheumatoid nodules are a collection of cartilaginous material under the skin. They typically occur in the extensor surfaces of the arms (the back of the forearm around the elbow), but they can occur anywhere. They are typically about one-half inch in diameter and are not painful.

Rheumatoid nodules are one of the symptoms of having rheumatoid arthritis. They are bumps under the skin, usually near the elbows or on the fingers. The bumps are hard to the touch.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Symptoms

Your Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
Your Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
Whether you're new to treatment or have been in treatment for a while, talking openly about RA symptoms will help your doctor choose next steps that a...
What are the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are usually first managed with a nonsteroidal anti-inflammator...
How can I tell if my rheumatoid arthritis is active?
Sometimes, people who have RA know that a flare is on the way when they feel more fatigued. Fatigue ...
Can Rheumatoid Arthritis Be Mistaken for Osteoarthritis?