Who can help diagnose rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?

Diagnosing and treating rheumatoid arthritis can sometimes be difficult. It may require a team effort between you and several types of healthcare professionals, including a rheumatologist, a physician who specializes in arthritis and other diseases of the joints, bones, and muscles. Physical therapists, psychologists, and social workers can also play a role.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Diagnosis

Is It Time to See a Doctor for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Occasional joint pain doesn't usually require medical treatment, but pain that won't go away or that gets worse shouldn't be ignored. See your doctor ...
How is rheumatoid arthritis (RA) diagnosed?
Thomas P. San Giovanni, MDThomas P. San Giovanni, MD
To diagnose rheumatoid arthritis, your doctor will do a physical examination. He or she may order im...
What can I expect at a doctor's visit to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis?
If you think you may have rheumatoid arthritis (RA), you should visit a healthcare professional. He ...
How Soon Should I Start Treatment for RA?