What does the anti-CCP blood test measure with RA?

The anti-CCP blood test, a new test for rheumatoid arthritis (RA), measures the level of antibodies that bind to citrulline modified proteins. These proteins tend to be elevated only in patients who have or will have RA. The anti-CCP blood test can be used to determine the severity of RA a person may experience.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Diagnosis

Is It Time to See a Doctor for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Occasional joint pain doesn't usually require medical treatment, but pain that won't go away or that gets worse shouldn't be ignored. See your doctor ...
How is rheumatoid arthritis (RA) diagnosed?
Thomas P. San Giovanni, MDThomas P. San Giovanni, MD
To diagnose rheumatoid arthritis, your doctor will do a physical examination. He or she may order im...
Who can help diagnose rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
Diagnosing and treating rheumatoid arthritis can sometimes be difficult. It may require a team effor...
How Soon Should I Start Treatment for RA?