How does fasting affect rheumatoid arthritis?

Various studies have concluded that fasting has many health benefits, including temporary relief of rheumatoid arthritis. Fasting tends to help inflammatory diseases in general. However, relief of rheumatoid arthritis might only last days. Doctors recommend that you take medications to treat rheumatoid arthritis, as fasting has not always proven helpful.

Continue Learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis Causes & Risks

Are You at Risk for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
As you get older, it's normal to feel occasional joint pain or stiffness that comes and goes, but what if that awful, early morning stiffness won't ea...
What causes a Rheumatoid Arthritis flare-up?
Rheumatoid arthritis flare-ups are essentially times of increased disease activity. Generally, t...
Am I at risk for RA if my parent has Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Certain genes involved in immune system responses are associated with a predisposition for developin...
Who Is at Higher Risk for Rheumatoid Arthritis?