Who should not use tazarotene gel?

Pregnant women should not use tazarotene gel because it can cause birth defects. If you become pregnant while using tazarotene gel, call your doctor right away. If you have eczema or a sunburn in the area to be treated, you should not apply the gel to that area.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

When should I start to use retinols or retinoids?
Most of my patients who start using retinols for anti-aging effects begin in their thirties or later...
What are retinoids and what role do they play in the skin?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
The retinoids, which are derivatives of vitamin A, are good examples of cell receptor activators...
What should I know before using topical tazarotene?
If you are breastfeeding topical tazarotene may not be a good option for you. It is not known if thi...
What is topical tazarotene?
Topical tazarotene (Tazorac) is a prescription drug that is applied directly to the skin. It is a re...