When should I begin using a retinoid to treat signs of aging?

Because retinoids can be used for treating skin conditions, such as acne, it’s not uncommon to prescribe these for young women in their teens and twenties. It’s also not uncommon for women in their twenties to start using retinoids if they have had severe sun damage in their youth. But for purely anti-aging effects, retinoids are frequently used by women starting in their thirties.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

Should I use topical retinoids for acne if I am pregnant?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
There are questions about using topical retinoids during pregnancy. There are natural levels of ...
What are retinoids?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
The term retinoid includes both naturally occurring and synthetic products that classically were...
What is topical tazarotene?
Topical tazarotene (Tazorac) is a prescription drug that is applied directly to the skin. It is a re...
What should I know about tretinoin topical before using it?
When you are using topical tretinoin creams or gels, you should know what to avoid in order to preve...