Advertisement

What should I do in case of a retinol overdose?

If you suspect a retinol overdose, call the National Poison Control hotline at 1-800-222-1222 right away and seek immediate medical help.

Overdoses are very serious and should be treated as soon as possible.

Overdoses of retinol can cause vitamin A toxicity and symptoms such as severe headache, bone and joint pain, fatigue, dizziness, changes in your menstrual period, dry skin around your mouth, hair loss, vision changes, loss of appetite, vomiting, jaundice, dark urine, stomach pain, pain behind the eyes, and nausea.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.