What is tazarotene cream?

Tazarotene cream is a topical retinoid medication used to treat skin conditions on the face and on up to 20% of the skin. The cream form of Tazorac is prescribed to treat stable plaque psoriasis on up to 20% of the body surface and to treat mild-to-moderate facial acne. Avage cream is prescribed to smooth fine facial wrinkles and reduce the appearance of mottled or freckly patches of facial skin. Tazarotene is a derivative of vitamin A and works by regulating cell reproduction.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

What should I know about tretinoin topical before using it?
When you are using topical tretinoin creams or gels, you should know what to avoid in order to preve...
Can retinoids make my skin look younger?
Vitamin A derivatives, called retinoids, have one of the best track records for reversing many signs...
Does topical tazarotene have any side effects?
Side effects may include skin redness, pain, itching, a burning or stinging sensation, dryness, infl...
What is topical tazarotene?
Topical tazarotene (Tazorac) is a prescription drug that is applied directly to the skin. It is a re...