What is Avage (tazarotene)?

Avage (tazarotene) is a prescription medication used to diminish the appearance of fine facial wrinkles, as well as certain types of light and dark patches on the face. This product is a retinoid related to vitamin A that works by having an effect on how the skin cells grow. Avage comes in the form of a cream that is applied topically.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

Can retinoids make my skin look younger?
Vitamin A derivatives, called retinoids, have one of the best track records for reversing many signs...
What are retinoids?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
The term retinoid includes both naturally occurring and synthetic products that classically were...
What should I know about tretinoin topical before using it?
When you are using topical tretinoin creams or gels, you should know what to avoid in order to preve...
When should I begin using a retinoid to treat signs of aging?
Because retinoids can be used for treating skin conditions, such as acne, it’s not uncommon to presc...