What is Atralin?

Atralin is a prescription medication used to treat acne. The active ingredient in it is tretinoin. Tretinoin is a form of vitamin A that promotes the peeling of affected skin areas and unclogs pores. Tretinoin controls acne but does not cure it. This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses. Atralin comes in the form of a gel that is applied topically.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

When should I begin using a retinoid to treat signs of aging?
Because retinoids can be used for treating skin conditions, such as acne, it’s not uncommon to presc...
How can retinoids help improve my skin?
Retinoids are the only proven wrinkle reducer on the market. Retinoids can do amazing things, ac...
Does topical tazarotene have any side effects?
Side effects may include skin redness, pain, itching, a burning or stinging sensation, dryness, infl...
What should I know about tretinoin topical before using it?
When you are using topical tretinoin creams or gels, you should know what to avoid in order to preve...