What are the side effects of Avage (tazarotene)?

Side effects of Avage (tazarotene) include peeling, redness, burning, dryness, itching, or irritation of the skin. It is possible that cold or strong winds may also irritate your skin. Your skin will also be more sensitive to sunlight and you will be more likely to experience sunburn.  It is very unlikely that you will experience any serious side effects from this medication. Avage may cause an allergic reaction, the signs of which include shortness of breath, hives, closing of the throat, and swelling. If you experience any symptoms of an allergic reaction, seek immediate medical attention.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

What should I know before using topical tazarotene?
If you are breastfeeding topical tazarotene may not be a good option for you. It is not known if thi...
How do retinoids help treat psoriasis?
Topical retinoids can be used to treat psoriasis. These are prescription vitamin A-like gels and...
What should I know about tretinoin topical before using it?
When you are using topical tretinoin creams or gels, you should know what to avoid in order to preve...
How can retinoids help improve my skin?
Retinoids are the only proven wrinkle reducer on the market. Retinoids can do amazing things, ac...