How does topical retinol treat signs of aging?

Retinol is a vitamin A antioxidant found in many wrinkle creams that helps to treat signs of aging. It is believed that retinol helps to balance or neutralize free radicals that cause the destruction of skin cells that contributes to the aging process.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

What should I know about tretinoin topical before using it?
When you are using topical tretinoin creams or gels, you should know what to avoid in order to preve...
When should I begin using a retinoid to treat signs of aging?
Because retinoids can be used for treating skin conditions, such as acne, it’s not uncommon to presc...
What are retinoids?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
The term retinoid includes both naturally occurring and synthetic products that classically were...
How can retinoids help improve my skin?
Retinoids are the only proven wrinkle reducer on the market. Retinoids can do amazing things, ac...