What are the side effects of Renova (tretinoin)?

Renova (tretinoin) can cause your skin to peel and you may experience redness or irritation and itching.

You may experience burning after using Renova.

In some cases, people have reported worsening of their skin spots or even new ones.

Ultraviolet (UV) sensitivity and sunburn may occur unless precautions for UV light are taken, such as applying sunscreen.

If you have a severe allergic reaction characterized by facial or throat swelling, hives, rash, or breathing difficulties, seek emergency medical help.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

Can retinoids make my skin look younger?
Vitamin A derivatives, called retinoids, have one of the best track records for reversing many signs...
When should I start to use retinols or retinoids?
Most of my patients who start using retinols for anti-aging effects begin in their thirties or later...
What should I know before using topical tazarotene?
If you are breastfeeding topical tazarotene may not be a good option for you. It is not known if thi...
What is topical tazarotene?
Topical tazarotene (Tazorac) is a prescription drug that is applied directly to the skin. It is a re...