How long will it take to see results from alitretinoin?

It may take two to eight weeks or longer to see results after you begin using alitretinoin. Even if you do not see results immediately, do not stop using alitretinoin without your doctor's advisement. This medication may take longer to work in some people than in others.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

What are retinoids and what role do they play in the skin?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
The retinoids, which are derivatives of vitamin A, are good examples of cell receptor activators...
How can retinoids help improve my skin?
Retinoids are the only proven wrinkle reducer on the market. Retinoids can do amazing things, ac...
When should I begin using a retinoid to treat signs of aging?
Because retinoids can be used for treating skin conditions, such as acne, it’s not uncommon to presc...
When should I start to use retinols or retinoids?
Most of my patients who start using retinols for anti-aging effects begin in their thirties or later...