What should I know about Renova (tretinoin) 0.02% before using it?

Before using Renova (tretinoin) 0.02%, you should know that it does not reverse aging or lessen deep wrinkles or discoloration caused by sun exposure. You should avoid getting Renova 0.02% on your lips or in your eyes, mouth, or nose. Renova 0.02% should not be used if you are pregnant or may become pregnant. Renova 0.02% may make your skin more sensitive to ultraviolet light, so you should use extra protection when exposed to it. You should know that the effects of Renova 0.02% are gradual, and the full effect may take as long as six months. If you stop using Renova, its effects on fine lines, skin roughness, and hyperpigmentation will stop too. The safety of Renova has not been tested beyond a period of 52 weeks.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

What should I know before using topical tazarotene?
If you are breastfeeding topical tazarotene may not be a good option for you. It is not known if thi...
What should I know about tretinoin topical before using it?
When you are using topical tretinoin creams or gels, you should know what to avoid in order to preve...
When should I start to use retinols or retinoids?
Most of my patients who start using retinols for anti-aging effects begin in their thirties or later...
Should I use topical retinoids for acne if I am pregnant?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
There are questions about using topical retinoids during pregnancy. There are natural levels of ...