How should I take retinol?

You should try to get your daily allotment of retinol and vitamin A through your diet and food choices.

You should take retinol or vitamin A supplements exactly as your doctor or the bottle label indicates.

Vitamin A and retinol can come in liquid, capsule, or tablet form. The recommended daily allowance increases with age. Never take more than the recommended dosage of vitamin A or retinol as this can result in an overdose.

Try to take vitamin A and retinol with food so that your body absorbs them more easily. 

Continue Learning about Retinoids

What should I know before using topical tazarotene?
If you are breastfeeding topical tazarotene may not be a good option for you. It is not known if thi...
What should I know about tretinoin topical before using it?
When you are using topical tretinoin creams or gels, you should know what to avoid in order to preve...
What are retinoids?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
The term retinoid includes both naturally occurring and synthetic products that classically were...
How can retinoids help improve my skin?
Retinoids are the only proven wrinkle reducer on the market. Retinoids can do amazing things, ac...