Does retinol prevent osteoporosis?

Retinol and vitamin A may help to prevent osteoporosis because these factors aid in bone growth and development.

However, consuming too much or too little vitamin A and retinol can lead to bone loss.

Talk to your doctor about your risk for osteoporosis and the proper daily allowance of vitamin A and retinol.

Continue Learning about Retinoids

How do retinoids help treat psoriasis?
Topical retinoids can be used to treat psoriasis. These are prescription vitamin A-like gels and...
What are retinoids and what role do they play in the skin?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
The retinoids, which are derivatives of vitamin A, are good examples of cell receptor activators...
What should I know before using topical tazarotene?
If you are breastfeeding topical tazarotene may not be a good option for you. It is not known if thi...
When should I begin using a retinoid to treat signs of aging?
Because retinoids can be used for treating skin conditions, such as acne, it’s not uncommon to presc...