What happens if I miss a dose of topical retinol?

Missing a dose of topical retinol should not impact the long-term results of your treatment. Do not apply a double dose to make up for a missed dose, as too much retinol can result in dry and flaky skin. 

Continue Learning about Retinoids

Can retinoids make my skin look younger?
Vitamin A derivatives, called retinoids, have one of the best track records for reversing many signs...
What is topical tazarotene?
Topical tazarotene (Tazorac) is a prescription drug that is applied directly to the skin. It is a re...
When should I start to use retinols or retinoids?
Most of my patients who start using retinols for anti-aging effects begin in their thirties or later...
What should I know before using topical tazarotene?
If you are breastfeeding topical tazarotene may not be a good option for you. It is not known if thi...