Skin care products with nonprescription forms of vitamin A (like retinol) are less expensive than Rx creams, but they also have less research to back them up. There's some evidence that retinol revs up collagen production, though studies of other mild forms of A, such as retinyl esters, have been disappointing.
- Q What are the side effects of retinol?
- Q Which skin conditions does topical retinol treat?
- Q Are there over-the-counter and prescription versions of topical retinol?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of topical retinol?
- Q Does retinol treat measles?
- Q What are the side effects of topical retinol?