Skin care products with nonprescription forms of vitamin A (like retinol) are less expensive than Rx creams, but they also have less research to back them up. There's some evidence that retinol revs up collagen production, though studies of other mild forms of A, such as retinyl esters, have been disappointing.
- Q How soon after starting topical retinol treatment will my symptoms improve?
- Q What is the difference between retinol and vitamin A?
- Q Should I tell my doctor that I am taking retinol?
- Q Does retinol prevent osteoporosis?
- Q What are the side effects of retinol?
- Q Who should take retinol?