What is eosinophilic pneumonia?

Eosinophilic pneumonia describes one of several conditions in which the lungs have elevated levels of a certain kind of white blood cell, called eosinophils. With other types of pneumonia, the lungs are typically invaded by bacteria or viruses. With eosinophilic pneumonia, it is the high concentration of eosinophils that cause problems for the lungs and blood.

Continue Learning about Restrictive Lung Diseases

How is restrictive lung disease caused in children?
Sunrise Children's HospitalSunrise Children's Hospital
Restrictive lung disease is caused in children by scoliosis or disease.
What are some helpful resources regarding restrictive lung disease?
Some resources for those with restrictive lung disease include the National Heart, Lung, and Blood I...
How do I care for someone who has restrictive lung disease?
What you need to know about caring for someone with restrictive lung disease is that it's important ...
Is restrictive lung disease serious?
Once restrictive lung disease develops, it is irreversible in most cases. Pulmonary fibrosis, which ...