What increases my risk for radiation fibrosis?

Any kind of prolonged exposure to radiation increases your risk of radiation fibrosis. This could be related to dangerous working conditions or an accident involving radiation, but it is most commonly the result of radiation therapy during cancer treatment. Fibrosis is preceded by pronounced inflammation of the affected area.

Continue Learning about Restrictive Lung Diseases

What are some examples of common restrictive lung diseases?
Pulmonary fibrosis is a common restrictive lung disease often resulting from overexposure to radiati...
Does restrictive lung disease affect children differently?
Older adults are much more likely to develop restrictive lung diseases because damage to the lungs o...
What is the rate of incidence for restrictive lung disease?
Restrictive lung disease is a term that can be applied to several types of specific lung conditions,...
What are some helpful resources regarding restrictive lung disease?
Some resources for those with restrictive lung disease include the National Heart, Lung, and Blood I...