What technology is used for restrictive lung disease?

Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines, x-rays, and CT scans help to diagnose restrictive lung disease by making the lung tissue scar damage visible on a screen. Often, radiation fibrosis is discovered this way accidentally while doing exams related to other issues. Some of these imaging techniques are more detailed and advanced than others.

Continue Learning about Restrictive Lung Diseases

Is restrictive lung disease serious?
Once restrictive lung disease develops, it is irreversible in most cases. Pulmonary fibrosis, which ...
How do I care for someone who has restrictive lung disease?
What you need to know about caring for someone with restrictive lung disease is that it's important ...
What are some examples of common restrictive lung diseases?
Pulmonary fibrosis is a common restrictive lung disease often resulting from overexposure to radiati...
What are some helpful resources regarding restrictive lung disease?
Some resources for those with restrictive lung disease include the National Heart, Lung, and Blood I...