The symptoms of radiation damage to the lungs and other organs can include high temperature and difficulty breathing during strenuous activity. The scar tissue characterized by radiation fibrosis can be painful and result in reduced range of motion. Radiation fibrosis can also cause wounds to heal poorly. These symptoms are not always pronounced. For this reason, radiation fibrosis may be discovered accidentally during exams related to other issues.
- Q What is radiation fibrosis?
- Q What increases my risk for radiation fibrosis?
- Q Could my cough be a side effect of radiation fibrosis?
- Q What are the treatment options for radiation fibrosis?
- Q How is radiation fibrosis diagnosed?
- Q How do other illnesses affect radiation fibrosis?