The symptoms of radiation damage to the lungs and other organs can include high temperature and difficulty breathing during strenuous activity. The scar tissue characterized by radiation fibrosis can be painful and result in reduced range of motion. Radiation fibrosis can also cause wounds to heal poorly. These symptoms are not always pronounced. For this reason, radiation fibrosis may be discovered accidentally during exams related to other issues.
- Q Is there a cure for radiation fibrosis?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for radiation fibrosis?
- Q How do medications treat radiation fibrosis?
- Q How do other illnesses affect radiation fibrosis?
- Q What causes radiation fibrosis?
- Q How does radiation fibrosis affect the body?