Can restrictive lung disease go away on its own?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

The symptoms of restrictive lung disease can increase or decrease on a day-to-day basis. It is important to ask a qualified physician about the implications of symptoms that come and go. Restrictive lung disease is unlikely to go away, and usually gets worse without treatment. Even with treatment, the illness is not usually completely reversible.

Continue Learning about Restrictive Lung Diseases

What percentage of Americans exhibit restricted breathing patterns?
Pam GroutPam Grout
According to the International Breath Institute, an organization dedicated to spreading the good new...
How do I care for someone who has restrictive lung disease?
What you need to know about caring for someone with restrictive lung disease is that it's important ...
How is restrictive lung disease caused in children?
Sunrise Children's HospitalSunrise Children's Hospital
Restrictive lung disease is caused in children by scoliosis or disease.
What are some helpful resources regarding restrictive lung disease?
Some resources for those with restrictive lung disease include the National Heart, Lung, and Blood I...