How do I manage my restrictive lung disease on a daily basis?

The best way to manage restrictive lung disease is to avoid strenuous activities that worsen your shortness of breath. If you smoke, stop, and you should try to eat nutritious foods and exercise to the extent that is possible for you. Your doctor may also recommend supplemental oxygen intake for you to help ease the symptoms of the condition. It's best to talk to your doctor about what the best options are given your level tissue damage.

Continue Learning about Restrictive Lung Diseases

How do I care for someone who has restrictive lung disease?
What you need to know about caring for someone with restrictive lung disease is that it's important ...
What are some examples of common restrictive lung diseases?
Pulmonary fibrosis is a common restrictive lung disease often resulting from overexposure to radiati...
Is restrictive lung disease serious?
Once restrictive lung disease develops, it is irreversible in most cases. Pulmonary fibrosis, which ...
What research is being done regarding restrictive lung disease?
Currently, there is research being done to test the effectiveness of drug therapies on restrictive l...