Does restrictive lung disease affect children differently?

Older adults are much more likely to develop restrictive lung diseases because damage to the lungs often accumulates over time. Children, however, are extremely susceptible to fumes and environmental hazards, and their lungs can be damaged faster than adult lungs. Children do sometimes get restrictive lung diseases for this reason.

Continue Learning about Restrictive Lung Diseases

What is restrictive lung disease?
Restrictive lung disease is any condition in which the elasticity of the lungs has been compromised....
How do I care for someone who has restrictive lung disease?
What you need to know about caring for someone with restrictive lung disease is that it's important ...
Is restrictive lung disease serious?
Once restrictive lung disease develops, it is irreversible in most cases. Pulmonary fibrosis, which ...
What are some helpful resources regarding restrictive lung disease?
Some resources for those with restrictive lung disease include the National Heart, Lung, and Blood I...