What is the rate of incidence for restrictive lung disease?

Restrictive lung disease is a term that can be applied to several types of specific lung conditions, so it is difficult to pinpoint exact incidence rates for the entire category. Pulmonary fibrosis, one of the common types of restrictive lung disease, affects as many as 200,000 Americans. The number of people in the United States struggling with any type of restrictive lung disease is likely much higher.

Continue Learning about Restrictive Lung Diseases

What are some helpful resources regarding restrictive lung disease?
Some resources for those with restrictive lung disease include the National Heart, Lung, and Blood I...
Does restrictive lung disease affect children differently?
Older adults are much more likely to develop restrictive lung diseases because damage to the lungs o...
What are some examples of common restrictive lung diseases?
Pulmonary fibrosis is a common restrictive lung disease often resulting from overexposure to radiati...
How do I care for someone who has restrictive lung disease?
What you need to know about caring for someone with restrictive lung disease is that it's important ...